View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Detail Man
EcoModding Lurker

02 Civic - '02 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.32 mpg (US)
Greetings from East TN

It's time to emerge from the shadows and quit lurking. Last week I purchased what I hope will be a good gas saver (2002 Honda Civic LX, 5sp). Now I can just use my truck (2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax diesel) for truck stuff rather than my daily driver.

I've been reading about hypermiling, aeromodding, etc for a while on here and have learned a lot already. A few years ago I got interested in fuel economy, adjusted my driving habits, and saw some improvement. Since I've found Ecomodder, I've been bit by the fuel efficiency bug. Now that I have my Civic, I can start really saving the fuel.

I'm not sure how much I can contribute to the discussions just yet. I'll still be reading and asking questions for a while. Ya'll seem like a good bunch of folks. I will say thanks to all the folks who have posted pics of mods, and kept up with the fuel logs for the vehicles in the "garage". Those have been helpful and inspiring. Thank you.

The Civic is in the "Garage" and I entered my first fuel log. That was going to be a spreadsheet on my computer, but I figured I'd post it here in hopes that someone else can learn from my experience like I've already learned from many of you. I was very encouraged today when I put in 11.6 gallons after driving 423 miles. A big 36.4 mpg, and I was doing my best NOT to hypermile so I could establish a baseline for future ecomods. You guys are already wearing off on me with the testing thing.

Looking forward to a good time on here.