View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I switched out the ROM from my Arduino, flashed with this code:

http://opengauge.googlecode.com/svn/...no/mpguino.cpp

After taking it apart, I couldn't see any visible damage to anything. Upon starting it up, I realized that it most definitely was not the same version of code that it shipped with - brightness is inverted (3 is dimmest, 0 brightest) and the buttons are a lot less... responsive, so perhaps the unit I have had your modified code already.

The results of the new chip: gallons per hour reads properly, but I can't get it to read the VSS now. Or, perhaps, I can't find a VSS delay setting that works properly? With a delay of 2ms I get a reading but it's low by about 20%, while a setting of ~250 (like I was using before) gives no reading at all.

I will probably figure it out before you respond (by reading your thread properly) but I can't flash your code with the Arduino software.

EDIT: Line 225 ^^

EDIT2: "#define useLegacyLCDinvertedBrightness true" doesn't seem to fix the inverted brightness settings. I also tried manually changing "const uint8_t brightness[] PROGMEM = { 0, 41, 84, 128 }" to "{ 255, 170, 85, 0 }" to no avail.
Code:
*/

// if the below "#define"s are commented out, code will compile for an AtMega328-series processor
//#define ArduinoMega2560 true
//#define TinkerkitLCDmodule true

// if the below #define is commented out, 16 MHz system clock will be assumed
//#define use20MHz true // force 20 MHz system clock values

// only one of the below LCD options may be chosen - choosing more than one will cause a compilation error to occur
// if TinkerkitLCDmodule is used, useLegacyLCD will automatically be used, and the below options will be ignored
#define useLegacyLCD true
//#define useParallaxLCD true

// only one of the below button options may be chosen - choosing more than one will cause a compilation error to occur
#define useLegacyButtons true
//#define useAnalogMuxButtons true
//#define useParallax5PositionSwitch true

// the below options only work if useLegacyLCD is selected. If useLegacyLCD is not selected, the below options will not be inserted at all
//#define useLegacyLCDinvertedBrightness true	// For alternate LCD backlight connections
#define useLegacyLCDbuffered true				// Speed up LCD output
Starting at line 223, does your code look like the above?