View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 12:24 AM   #41 (permalink)
paintme205
EcoModding Lurker

nadia - '03 ford mustang mach1
90 day: 18.47 mpg (US)

Jasper - '11 ford f150 xlt ecoboost
90 day: 18.71 mpg (US)

Festy festiva - '91 ford festiva L
TEAM FESTIVA
90 day: 55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu241 View Post
The school supply area for poster boards and the like.

Where does your temp gage sit when it is warmed up?
I found the connector to the temp sender on the head tends to get corroded and reduce the range and sensitivity of the gage. I cut the connector off and soldered the copper wire directly to the sensor. It now has full range and I you can see the temp drop or rise going down a substantial hill verse going up. The top grill block I run all year round (mine happens to be polycarbonate zip tied to the grill). And because there is a gap between the blockage and radiator, if the fan ever kicked on the it could still pull air through and remove heat from the radiator. I need to make a temporary lower grill block.
Temp gauge is right in the middle. It goes slightly higher climbing a hill if the weather is warmer 75+ but then settles back down. I may end up just putting a real gauge on it since I have some lying around.

My car has so many gaps and holes I hardly worry about ventilation. It is a beater for sure. Plus the lower grill block actually leaves about 4 square inches behind it open to pull air in. Just at a side angle instead of straight on....I'll try and get pics since that may not make sense.