View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
American Viking
EcoModding Lurker

Dad's Jetta - '05 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5l package one
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

Black Cherry - '01 Honda VFR800fi
Last 3: 39.39 mpg (US)
bringing up the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa View Post
i have an 02 jetta, tdi, and added air shocks to the rear. might help your ride with the added weight to get some.
Currently my car has 98,000 miles on it with the oem base level springs and original struts/shocks. I'm sure that there is plenty of settling sag and wear at both ends.
I was planning on waiting for spring to break before I went ahead and installed new hd struts, poly insulators, hd strut hats and oem sport springs. That should be enough to correct the slight sag in the rear, leveling the ride when loaded with family and their junk, also with a slight nose down attitude when not.
I'm not going with lowering springs or air suspension,.. not yet.

But thanks to an incident in the Tuesday snow storm involving a Mega-SUV driving soccer mom, a steel road plate, 4 inches of snow, a lazy traffic cop, me trying not to be an aggressive pr--k and the curb into the school driveway - I have to repair the front suspension on it.
So, as soon as the snow is really cleared away from the driveway at my father's house, and the parts arrive... struts, springs, insulators, new front bushings, upper strut mounts, ball joint, subframe collars and new tire will all go on.
Then I can check that issue off the list.

I not a fan of sheeple.
Make them arrogant, conceited buggers with money and I really can't stand them.