View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
American Viking
EcoModding Lurker

Dad's Jetta - '05 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5l package one
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

Black Cherry - '01 Honda VFR800fi
Last 3: 39.39 mpg (US)
@ DeeJaa - I've got a few questions about your TDI's setup.

1. Are those Cooper tires LRR's? I thought about low resistance tires when bought the Continental brand all season tires for my car, but I found so many statements about the vague and/or mushy handling and a even a few accounts of highway hum that I stayed away from them.
2. You list the DRL/foglights, do you need DRL function where you are to stay legal?? Both of our Mk 5's arrived with low beam DRL's, I deleted the DRL function on mine with the Ross-tech VCDS tool, right after I got the car. My son has not wanted me to go near his car's management computer and as a result has replaced 5 low beam bulbs in the little over year since we got them. Since we have police issues with converting the halogen headlights to HID here (read the police are headlight 'color' nazi's), I'm gathering the parts to change the stock halogen bulbs for LED headlights. Once I have all the pieces to install them, my son will have to give up on the DRL's.
3. When you say, front lower bumper pan, don't you have a factory plastic skid plate to start with?
4. What ecm/pcm tune are you using? US OEM program? I'm asking because I hear a lot of talk about the European OEM program as well as see lots of discussions about the aftermarket tuning house programs.