View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Poomanchu, that sounds like a lot of work, but the results are perfect! Considering how difficult it is to work with the material, I would not think that it is too thin. I forgot that I pre-drilled holes. I do not look forward to trying to drill the new piece to match the existing holes! By the way, a friend has a Civic sedan of the same generation and color--and she just messaged me on Facebook--and she figured out where my sister lives!

You meet some strange people on-line...

Oh, the reason that I drew a big Ecomodder sign in front of my car is because that is how I wish that my grill block looked. I had planned on taping down the edges, although I am not sure that it makes a difference. Right now it is red, with white edges (which causes the glow), and has the politician's website address. If I ever sufficiently take care of my schoolwork enough that I feel I have the time for A-B-A testing, and it works, I actually plan on having a sign made, the same size, that looks just like the image.

Nemo, looking up the edging on the website, people suggested laying it in the sun, one person said half an hour, another said a few days. I had planned on redoing it in the summer, but I am not driving around with this mess until then.

TexasCotton, I like that idea! I have a stock pot which should accommodate it, although I imagine that it will be completely cool before I finish. As far as I can tell, the Home Depot edging is not recycled, although, on principle, I would prefer that it was.

Does that mean that I can put my old air dam in the recycling [and they won't just throw it away]?