View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
2005 Civic LX Sedan - 46.97 MPG!!!

I got this car in July. I bought it because I wanted a car a little newer than my 1995 Geo Metro. I sold the Metro and got the Civic sedan. As you can see from my fuel log, I am getting in the mid 30's on average. Well tonight, I filled up the tank after traveling 480 miles and was a little surprised to see 46.97 mpg... But, I can believe it. This tank had neutral coasting the whole time. I did a little P&G too. Thanks to Darcane and Vman455, I now have a functioning kill switch and am starting to use it for some EOCing. This tank had very, very little EOCing.

For the new tank, I really want to start EOCing more. It is tough to get used to in traffic and figuring when it is appropriate and when it isn't. I am also nervous that my three year old Interstate battery is going to die at a traffic light or something. I do have a battery charger/tender, so I may charge the battery every night. The car and my wife's car are both parked in the garage every night. While not heated, it is usually a good 20 degrees warmer than outside. It really helps. My engine takes minutes to warm up.

Right now the only mod is a kill switch. It also has new Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires on it pumped to 44 psi. I may add some lawn edging in the future and possibly a few other aero mods. California98civic has a lot of things done and I might have to follow in some of his footsteps.

Again, a big thanks to the members I mentioned, but also the entire forum. There is so much great info on this site and it all comes from the members.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarguy01 For This Useful Post:
darcane (01-28-2014), poomanchu (01-28-2014), user removed (01-28-2014), Vman455 (01-31-2014)