Thread: Turbo VX?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
reformed
Did you get that thing?

Green Machine - '92 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 39.98 mpg (US)

Money pit - '97 Infiniti j30
90 day: 22.74 mpg (US)
Turbo VX?

I'm just going to run this by you fellas and see what kind of feedback I get.

I have the VX engine and trans going in my LX (when I get some free time) and I was thinking that if I put a turbo on it that would engage at the same RPM as the vtec (find the right one) then I could effectively have a car that would get 50MPG when I stay under 2k and be fun to drive when I want to take it to the strip.. now here's how I think I could make it work. Last summer I put a turbo kit on a friends integra that actually had a plate that went inbetween the throttle body and the intake manifold that had 2 injectors in it, they only sprayed when you got into the boost, so when you drive normally, no extra fuel is used. The other thing I'm hoping is that I can run regular gas when I drive normally, and when I drive it at the track, I can run premium and have no issues.. This is all depending on the d15z1's compression ratio though, anyone know what is is off the top of their heads? and what are your thoughts on this.. see any flaws other than the possible compression ratio issue?