View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
23baseball3
EcoRookie

Joan ('95 Buick Skylark) - '95 Buick Skylark Custom Sport
15 and Determined

I've been lurking here for quite a while, about 8 months or so. But I finally decided that my research on what car to get and what not to get wasn't enough, so I decide to join the family here. I'm nearly 16, so I have my Temporary License, but what I don't have is my own car. My older brother lucked out and got my dad's old 2003 Focus (with 280k miles on it), but I have to get my own car. I'm not too angry because then I get a choice on what I want to drive. I am very partial to GM cars, and was extremely disappointed in my dad when he decided to get a brand new Ford Focus rather than the Cruze Eco. Anyways, that's not what I joined this site for.

I wish to obtain a car and do whatever I can to save money on fuel and use less of it. I drool over the AeroCivic (the concept, not really the car. I refuse to drive a Honda, Toyota, or Hyundai) and boattail cars everywhere. I just need some guidance and help from the experts and once I get the car and the funds, I'll be doing some fun stuff.

So that begs the question: What do you think I should get to modify? I love GM so maybe I could start there. I was thinking a Cavalier/Sunfire, or maybe something older like a Skylark or something. I just don't want to get a car and destroy its value by modifying it like crazy, which is why I think the Cavy is a good place to start. Honestly one of my favorite cars of all time is the Buick Reatta but you can't destroy its originality, it's actually worth something.

Alright I talk too much. I love cars with a passion and I'm glad to be a part of this website and I hope I get to add a car to my garage here!

-Dominic