View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
whatmaycome14
Master EcoModder

Valerie - '03 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.79 mpg (US)
First of all, let me welcome you to the EM community George. I have to say I like what you've said so far because it has gotten me thinking. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING we can do is think more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWiseman View Post
Which brings me to something I've noticed about ecomodders on this site. They seem to concentrate on vehicle modifications that do not involve combustion enhancement technology. That is excellent and needed but definitely limits the potential for fuel gain. There is a whole world of possibilities, some of which are fairly easy to achieve, if you increase the combustion efficiency of your engine/fuel.
I have also noticed that the majority of people here are not getting into the technical combustion enhancement modifications. Easy reason: It seems to be more risky and more expensive. I've duct taped corogated plastic to the back of my car. It was free (except for the duct tape). As a way of testing new fuel saving modifications. I cannot (nor do I wish to) afford risk. I want to do things that I can do for cheap. Tuning the car and changing the engine is a bit too risky from where I sit. The problem is that you would have a hard time convincing me that combistion enhancement tech that ACTUALLY WORKS would also be inexpensive! It's all about percieved value. If it's inexpensive, I wouldn't assume to get much benifit.

However, I'm open minded and can't wait to hear more about what you have to say. Bring it on! Now to go read that blog...