View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #1050 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,818 Times in 7,275 Posts
Maybe I haven't been getting my email notifications.

Jocko Johnson.

Wish I could find a better picture but I can't remember the car's name. I'm pretty sure this is the one that had an horizontal elevator in the rear to lift 2 wheels off the ground like R.B.Fuller's 1920s Dymaxion design.
_____

This is amazing for 1969. Half-doors and everything.
_____

This is amazing for today. You could totally do this with an inner structure clad with flexible materials. Half way between BMW's Gina concept and modern bumpers.
_____

Think it couldn't be done?

It deserves a rear-engined Subaru four-wheel drive drivetrain with two 72hp inwheel electric motors replacing the front brakes for a KERS (kinetic energy recovery system).

Thank you for your continuing efforts.

Edit:

This view of the Jocko's Porting Service Special shows a lot of similarity with the Volhart-Saggita.

2nd edit:

Here's a better shot. it's 'Jocko Johnson’s never completed “Triple Nickel/Spirit of Twenty Nine Palms” design'

http://sonicwind.com/ is an interesting site if you're interested in transonic aerodynamics. Full of wisdom like:
Quote:
The reason I use this flat colored bright “rocket red” paint is that the sections painted red are only the cockpit blast capsule where the driver is and in case of emergency the support crew need only to focus on the red part of the vehicle if it should scatter into pieces. Also this paint has the ability to scrape off easily and will leave a trail should the capsule slide any distance.

That's an ice racer, folks.

Last edited by freebeard; 01-30-2014 at 12:16 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (02-01-2014)