View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
xtmesisx
8D > Chuck Norris

Mazda6 - '05 Mazda Mazda6 S
90 day: 27.86 mpg (US)
This is what you call an introduction?

I'm not one for "hey look at me thread" (unless I'm doing something awesome), but I figured I'd say hi.

Hi.

I guess I'm supposed to say something about myself.... People look at me funny when I tell them I'm a hypermiler. Even Safari thinks it's strange, because there's a squiggly red line under the word "hypermiler" right now... hey look at that, there it is again.

I'm sure most of you will probably think of me as a kid (I'm 22).

Oh well. Ummm, I drive a 2005 Mazda6 (as you can see in my sig). It usually averages 22-24 MPGs when I'm following the Mazda mantra of "zoom zoom." (Boy that was awfully corny.) But since I've started hypermiling, I've been getting 27-28 MPGs. My record is 30.1 and no one believes me.

My goal is a consistent 30MPGs, but I'm not entirely sure that's feasible. I know my tires aren't helping any (sticky summer tires), and neither is adding bigger wheels (went from ~21 lb wheels to ~24 lbs, and 17" to 18"), but I'm a mod enthusiast before I'm an MPG-enthusiast, so I guess we'll have to find a happy medium.

Just a few more things:

I hate people who ***** about the price of gas like it's going to make it go down. (I actually hope gas stays expensive.)

I'm an avid user of the return key and parentheses.

I'm sure it was implied, but I'm since I'm 22, that makes me a broke college kid.

I vow to always SEARCH before posting a new thread.

I have a ScanGauge.

This is what my car looks like...

HI.

edit:

Holy crap, this place edits curse words. Sick.

Last edited by xtmesisx; 07-04-2008 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: typos and junk