View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #76 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

You need to be much more definitive in your discussions. Storytelling is all I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWiseman View Post
I think you'll find, as we proceed, that I know a lot more about combustion than the average mechanic.
The average mechanic doesn't know that much about combustion. He doesn't have to. Scientists on the other hand have to know much more and continually seek to know more. They speak in terms of internal energies, enthalpy, specific heats, etc. They apply basic laws such as the ideal gas law, Dalton's and Amagat's laws on additive pressures and volumes and extend them into the thermochemistry of combustion. You have done none of this and yet you say you "know a lot".

Quote:
Ouch. I think I've been doing nothing but speaking in terms of science and technology.
No you have not. You just tell stories. No proper discussion. No verifiable data. All new science builds on the old in some way. You need to make that connection in your presentation. Once you do, your logic then will come under scrutiny as is only proper. But without that logical start, there can be no proper discussion.

Quote:
Just because I'm pointing out that there is a different way to do things does NOT mean that I do not know science and technology! I'm pretty sure that few here could match my mechanical IQ (tested off the chart).
I assert that you DO NOT know science and technology. You will have much to prove. At this point in the discussion, my statement holds just as much validity as yours.

Quote:
I'm multi-skilled and have accomplishments that NASA can't duplicate (like an electrolyzer design, independently tested, at near 100% Faraday efficiency).
Please tell us why you would not just build a Faraday device and get 100% efficiency?

And back to the issue of the "Lie", please use common science terms and calculate for us how your vehicle that travels 60 mph and gets 20 mpg results in an AFR of 36:1 and change? You made that calculation based on a "full throttle" setting then you go on to say air is "stretchy". Please use science to describe what you mean by "stretchy".

This presentation of a "Lie" is the basis for your technology so you MUST defend this point or the rest of your dissertation holds little value. Even if your test data shows a positive gain for your system, understanding of how and why it works is important if you attempt to extrapolate the device to other applications.