View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
I took a programming class ten years ago at the community college and halfway through, my program would not compile. I could not figure out what was wrong, so I asked my instructor, who said that she did not know--without even looking at my program, I have always had friends who were good with computers, but they did not have enough experience to help me. I tried finding help on-line, but I could not find any useful help. I ended up submitting the program anyway, even though any program that did not compile automatically lost half of the points.

None of my programs for the rest of the semester would compile and the instructor still would not help me.

Somehow, I thought that I would do well enough on the other parts of the class to earn a C for the semester. The final was two parts and I earned a B on the written part, but I could not make my program compile. I told my instructor "You would not help me before and I never figured out what was wrong. I am having the same problem right now. Will you please help me?"

She refused, so I walked out.