View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
IndyIan
EcoModding Newbie

Parachute - '03 Chevrolet Tracker LX
90 day: 28.55 mpg (US)

Peon - '95 Plymouth Neon Highline baby!
90 day: 31.39 mpg (US)

Slocus Wagon - '06 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryn View Post
thanks IndyIan, still haven't decided wether i will fix the bike and ride again, or not. the dualsport does sound like a safer ride.
Bryn,
Well, you've learned a lesson the hard way, I've got some scars from doing that too! I don't even have an animal to blame for my worst crash which was on the road, just me being really really dumb all by myself!

I forgot to add that with a dual sport you can play in the dirt too! Fun but also good training, and a better place to get an appreciation for what laying down a bike is about at 20 mph, instead of 50 or 60 or 70 mph.
It also shows you how fast 60 mph really is, and how far ahead you have to look, and what situations that are no problem at 30 mph can ruin your day at 60. 60 mph offroad feels very very fast and not so much fun if you come off the bike! Tall grass will rip your feet off the pegs, and twig on the knuckles will make you bleed without gloves... It makes you appreciate the amount of energy you are dealing with and how you'd rather dissipate that energy using the brakes instead of a road sign.