View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1969 View Post
Mixture seems to be as importent as the vortexgenerator after burn chamber.
very touchey in all areas and best result was sub standard. worst result wouldnt stay lighted long enough for air pressure to keep it lit.
I had a few streaming spark runs the last attempt but nothing good enough to feel like posting it here unless others are trying also then Ill give some failed spec's to designs tried.
I wish I could use those old black worms that ya light and they grow and that may be an answer in its own way if re purposed with other additives.
Long ago I ran across an article about building a generator.The oil was suspended within a metal wool matrix,inside a chamber common to the airstream.A Variac (model train speed control sort of device) was used to vary the current to the metal wool to control smoke generation.Air from the wind tunnel test section entered the chamber,picked up smoke,and carried it into the smoke wand,discharging at the tunnel air velocity so as not to induce a jet.
Nichrome wire mesh from old,unused flash bulbs (if you could find any)would also be okay as long as you could limit DC voltage and current.
Also,there are AC voltage controllers used for widespread commercial electric furnaces and heating units.