Thread: Trucks & SUVs
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
star_deceiver
EcoModding Apprentice

KLR650 - '10 Kawasaki KLR650

6.4 - '19 Ram 3500

All Black - '19 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
If someone chooses to drive a truck or SUV when they don't really need it, the truck/SUV is probably just one of many bad financial decisions.
If only it were that black and white...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarguy01 View Post
How many trucks and SUVs are owned by people that don't need them for what they are able to do?
In Calgary, probably around 80% could drive something much smaller and efficient. But then again... we have a pretty decent public transit system so in reality 60% of people here could probably get away with not commuting at all.

The same could be said for sports car owners who do the speed limit, Prius/Smart car owners who do 85mph, couples who take out a 35 year morgage on a $500'000 house while barely being able to scrap the payments together every month...

My needs don't justify me owning my truck, I could have kept my last car... My needs also don't justify me owning two motorcycles, do I really need to be on those rolling deathtraps?... My needs don't justify me living 30kms away from work, if I wanted to I could live within 10 blocks. I don't need to hit up Starbucks 3 times a week, either...

I'd like to think that most people are smart enough to realize the financial position they're in... but lets face it, not everyone thinks that way. I am in good standing!

But hey, if some people end up over their head, that's their problem not mine! Good luck to them!