Thread: Trucks & SUVs
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by star_deceiver View Post
If only it were that black and white...

In Calgary, probably around 80% could drive something much smaller and efficient. But then again... we have a pretty decent public transit system so in reality 60% of people here could probably get away with not commuting at all.

The same could be said for sports car owners who do the speed limit, Prius/Smart car owners who do 85mph, couples who take out a 35 year morgage on a $500'000 house while barely being able to scrap the payments together every month...

My needs don't justify me owning my truck, I could have kept my last car... My needs also don't justify me owning two motorcycles, do I really need to be on those rolling deathtraps?... My needs don't justify me living 30kms away from work, if I wanted to I could live within 10 blocks. I don't need to hit up Starbucks 3 times a week, either...

I'd like to think that most people are smart enough to realize the financial position they're in... but lets face it, not everyone thinks that way. I am in good standing!

But hey, if some people end up over their head, that's their problem not mine! Good luck to them!
My next truck is going to be a Ram ecodiesel, as long as they turn out to be reliable. I am also going to wait until the price comes down under $20k. I might be waiting a while.

Again, I wasn't trying to pick on you. You have the right to make your own choices. if you love driving your truck, that's all that matters.