View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Salvage hybrids are tempting but with my (salvage) Fiesta I can't see trying to rebuild a hybrid. With a lifetime average close to 46 MPG, it is not worth it to lose the warranty on the hybrid components.

If I was going to get a hybrid today it would be a base model Pruis C, probably new or one that was less than a year old with low miles for a few thousand less than new. The difference in price compared to the Fiesta would be almost twice the price for a small gain in mileage.

Nice thing is I got to see the Fiesta BEFORE it was repaired. It was one of those that you wonder how they came up with enough damage to total it in the first place, no deployed air bags or broken glass. The interior was perfect. They even reused the Ford emblem in the grille (plastic) and all the damage was in the front end.

I also got a warranty, the only problem I had was the accent lights did not change when you cycled the switch. My buddy popped off the console cover and the switch was not plugged in. Since they never did anything to the interior, it was probably not plugged in at the factory when the car was built. I got a fresh inspection sticker and when they aligned the front end I got to specify minimum toe in, barely within specs.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (02-13-2014)