Thread: Trucks & SUVs
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
No house payments, haven't paid interest in decades unless it was to finance the construction of a new home, which I built myself, even drew up the plans myself, and made $100 per hour.

Just replaced the original timing belt on the Ranger as well as the serpentine belt and idler pulleys, at 130k miles. I paid $1650 for it a year and a half ago. 300 miles since 1/8/14. A third of that today.

Bike insurance bill came in today. less than $100 a year. I like my ugly, faded, dented up and beat out truck. My fashion statement is "This is all I want to risk driving around with all of you idiots". Go ahead make me a new dent, I'll collect the money, bang it out myself, and if the estimate is high enough, might even get it painted, ON YOUR DIME.

The following comment was NOT directed at forum members, but at the stupid drivers around here.

That reminds me, it's time to try another one of those Oreilly blower motor resistors, this will be the third, lifetime guaranteed, I guess I just live too dang long.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 02-14-2014 at 11:10 PM..