View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
order99
EcoModding Apprentice

Like Cowmeat, I also have a Ford Festiva. I have also noticed that any neighboring spots almost always get filled by cars who think that those painted lines are for OTHER people, and park at any angle they like.,,,having the Festiva, this is not usually a major issue and I let it slide.

Eight months ago however, I return to my faithful pony and find two SUVs, each parked so far over the line that I had less than 5" clearance on both driver and passenger sides. I was...not happy.

I was even less happy when I had to open my hatch,lower the back seat and slither into the driver's side (while not a giant, I am neither petite nor abnormally thin enough for this to be EASY). I then started up the car and gently pulled out-and while I considered trading paint with the inconsiderate cretins, I had just applied a fresh coat of Valspar International Harvester Red and wanted it to last a few years, so I resisted tempation...

Instead, I took a length of towing chain out of my 'might need this' box, wrapped it securely around the back axles of both SUVs and double-locked each end. And then I left.

In retrospect I may have overreacted just a touch. That chain had come from Granddad's tractor and had pulled stumps that would have laughed at dynamite, and I really can't find its like anymore...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to order99 For This Useful Post:
cowmeat (02-17-2014), jamesqf (02-17-2014)