View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
When we first opened our shop, it took a few months before we could get "Reserved Parking" painted on the 8 spots in front that were part of our lease. So we just kindly asked people to move when we saw them parking there, as we really needed the space. Once the paint went down it was open season. There was some clod that would back in his brand new S500 and usually take up almost 2 spots on Saturday evenings as he went in to butcher the lastest Asian Top 40 songs at the karaoke bar next door. I was particularly grumpy that night before going home, and it said in giant letters "Reserved for Azure", so I got the keys for our rental Expedition, and our rental Tahoe, put them both in 4wd, nosed one in on each side of the Mercedes so there was about 2 inches to spare between the sides, pulled up to the curb and cranked the front wheels full lock to one side. So there was no way a tow truck could hook up our stuff and drag it out of the way without putting the front wheels on dollies or else they would have dragged the locked up front wheels into the sides of the Mercedes due to the angle they were on, and they couldn't put dollies on the front because they were too close to the curb! Then I went home for Saturday night. We were closed Sunday.

Monday, the Merc was gone! To this day I think the only way the guy got that thing out of there was Mercedes like that have a function that lets you open your sunroof and windows with the remote before you start the car. I am pretty wiry and there's no way I could have gotten in through the windows, so I guess he must have opened the roof from outside, then climbed over his new $100k car, gone in through the sunroof, and actually driven it out. Ya, he never parked in front of our shop again, and order was temporarily restored to the parking universe (well as much as it can be in Richmond, anyway!).
Cobb (02-17-2014), gone.2 (02-17-2014)