View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #104 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan01xl View Post
Some updated photos

Grille block and fog light hole covers were remade using plastic container lids and painted black. Caulked the edges with with black silicone and screwed in the corners of the grille block. Looks much better than before and i just need to smooth it out and paint the rest of the valance to match.

[URL=http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/nate24s24/media/100_2260_zps08648829.jpg.html]

New side skirts were made using some 1x2 boards, cut to fit, and lawn edging attached with a staple gun. Attached using existing bolt holes and christmas tree fasteners. Currently have it running from inside in the front tire to outside of the back tire, but might make it straight if it would work better that way.

I found your side skirt application interesting. I think you are seeing a gain by having them "cover" the face of the rear tires, instead of going straight/parallel with the length of the truck. I also think with the angle out slightly like that it will lower the air pressure under the truck slightly, which may be beneficial as well.
I went a slightly different direction, with straight skirts and angled spats or fairings in front of all 4 tires. I also think you will notice better road stability during crosswinds with the skirts.

When I tried an 80% grill block on my RAM, it cost me a bit of MPG (posted it here somewhere...). Besides, with my under drive crank pulley it makes the Efan run a lot more. I think your wheel spats will serve you well. Good job.

@JUANGEAR, you might want to look at my garage for some RAM aero mods.