View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Superfuelgero
Too busy for gas stations

Turtle - '92 Honda Civic Vx
Team Honda
90 day: 67.09 mpg (US)

Rolla - '10 Toyota Corolla Le

Beast - '91 Chevy V2500

Bus - '01 VW Eurovan MV

Speed - '93 Harley bored and storked Harley w/ turbo/ nitrous
90 day: 53.09 mpg (US)

Cal - '68 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Thank you for the comments.

The fact I only have about 1 day to work on one is major constraint (darn constant overtime). But the day is over the weekend, so I have a few days to do minor tweaks/ adjustments/ pull off before I leave.

The other drivers have been warned of the cruise issue, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain after 33 hours each way behind the wheel. May look into a hand throttle (locking), quick and dirty.

The time for mpguino is due to the supporting mod to cleanly mount. Was thinking the contest would be good. Along with "He's asleep, I'm going to crank up the speed... Oh, crap, look at the Mpg! he's going to be pissed, I better slow down".

The discs would be nice, and I think I have the mounting sorted. The main problem has been the VX alloys. Not sure how the tape method would work with those.

The pan could be done quickly, but may catch fire if I don't spend the time clearancing.

Speed, I drive slow (55 in 65 normally), but I'm not sure if the can/will. On a long drive, slower driving does add up. I did think about removing/ replacing the speedo needle so it reads 15mph high...

Others suggested, but have already been done:
-Grill block.
-Tires at 50
-Intake flipped towards radiator
-Ethanol free, but harder to find on the open road.

Last edited by Superfuelgero; 02-20-2014 at 09:02 PM..