View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
paintme205
EcoModding Lurker

nadia - '03 ford mustang mach1
90 day: 18.47 mpg (US)

Jasper - '11 ford f150 xlt ecoboost
90 day: 18.71 mpg (US)

Festy festiva - '91 ford festiva L
TEAM FESTIVA
90 day: 55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
An equally modded Metro isn't going to do an awful lot better than this. If paintme is getting 55 mpg at a steady 60 mph, that's already better than my car is currently doing.
That makes me feel better. I still have a couple more easy mods to do and hopefully then I will be close to 60 at 60. It may be unrealistic but thats half the fun of modifying a car. To see what it can do.

If the car was a little newer, I would do a rebuild and deck the heads for more compression and try to improve the efficiency a little on the engine. For now, not worth it.

Cowmeat, My buddy asked to paint my car one day to practice. I came out and that stripe was on it. My little nephew liked lightning mcqueen (cars movie) so we put some lightning bolts on it for him. It's a beater to me so I could care less. The paintjob is actually flat white. Previous owner couldn't even use gloss. I won't wash it because i'm afraid it will peel off.

I have a new truck and a couple mustangs when I care what people think. I actually think the car is pretty fun in it's own weird way.
The Following User Says Thank You to paintme205 For This Useful Post:
Christ (02-21-2014)