View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #44 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
It's not so much that it's "not just" a wife thing- it's a "not as intense about this as I am" thing. Since most users here are guys, and they most likely share cars with their wives, it looks like wives don't care about fuel economy. But that's only compared to people here- but I'll bet any wife that's been complained about here does better on FE than the neighbors!

My wife doesn't care about mileage... compared to me. But she's ahead of most regular folks. I've got her tires aired up and keep the economy button pressed to make her transmission help out a bit. I've got an UltraGauge in her van showing instant, short trip and long trip mpg. She's aware, and is on board enough that I'm driving a new Fit instead of a second minivan- even though she doesn't feel safe in small cars.

Out of everyone I know, a few people know I drive for mileage. A couple respect it as an accomplishment but have no desire to do so themselves. One person allows it to interfere with her life to the point of dictating what kind of car we buy. She doesn't get the mileage I do, but that doesn't mean she isn't a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%