View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
My last tank was 40 mpg. Not bad, but lower than what I wanted.

Highway speeds are dropping the mileage. In traffic on the way to school, I have to do the speed limit since the traffic is so dense. Even at 5 mph over, there is usually someone following closely waiting to pass. At 60 mph, the Civic is getting around 35/36 mpg. I haven't got a solid number since my speed is constant, there are hills, etc.

There are no semis on the road when I am on it. I can't draft. There are pick up trucks, but they usually are going faster than I want and their speeds aren't steady. It's more of a safety issue to follow that closely.

I really need to look into some aero mods. Grill block and air dam are on the list, but I need to find time to get in the garage.

This morning on the way to work I had some A***H*** tailgating me for about a mile straight. I was in the left lane since I needed to turn left. He shot around on the right and threw up his hands, obviously pissed off at me. By the way, I was doing 55 in a 55... He then hit his brakes and came right up to the car in front of him since the light was red and had been red for about 30 seconds.