View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #274 (permalink)
yoyoyoda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo-francis View Post
I think the 2 principal causes of explosions of li-ion battery is: short(thats why I will install some fuses) and balance( thats why I check the balance every time I charge). and I never charge the batteries in my car. they charge in a unoccupied room in my house. and the charging current is less then 0.15C
0.15C charging current is good, as long as it ceases the instant that the battery is full.

I would like to see that charging take place outside of your home, there has been some users on cpf forums where they've charged them inside of their home and the battery has taken out a sliding glass door or worse set something on fire.

Putting it in a laundry which has an external door is good too.

Maybe a box set up on the front or back porch under cover?

Keeping it out of the sun while charging is mandatory however.

The reason for this being is that if it is indoors then you still have the potential build up of Hydrogen gas to worry about, and that could easily fill up a room, then blow it to smitherines once ignited.

If wiring in parallel ideally you would put a fuse in between each cell of maybe 5 amps, depending upon your load, that would make it very safe if you combine it with the fire blanket and ammo can, just be sure there is a place for built up pressure to go, hence the needing of a hose.

Last edited by yoyoyoda; 02-26-2014 at 12:01 AM..