View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
I don't know if I'd count a ute as a truck. It's a car chassis with a pickup body on it, like an old Rampage or VW truck, El Camino, Ranchero etc. Fine for light duty I guess, but to me a small truck has at least some sort of fullish frame, RWD, and heavier duty suspension components. Someone that needs to use a truck for a truck would be looking for those, after all look at the Astro van vs any of it's competitors at the time. In a cargo version for a work vehicle, there is no comparison between an Astro cargo and a Windstar cargo for which one is actually made for the job. UTE's are cool and all, but a station wagon version of the same vehicle would probably be just as useful and durable. I would have liked to see a Mahindra pick up truck available here, depending on the finished products quality of course, which may or may not have been really terrifying lol. But they gave up trying to get into North America, so that'll never happen.