View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jyden
Master EcoModder

Enduro E-bike - '11 PowerPedals Enduro
90 day: 2236 mpg (US)

Jota - '14 Toyota Yaris Hybrid H1
90 day: 53.11 mpg (US)
Baseline est. Let modding begin!

This last tank I broke the 50 mpg mark, and I belive tha car here just under 3.000 km's is now broken in, and the baseline is areound the 48 - 49 mpg.

So modding begins:

- First the standard "racer look" hubcaps hit the bin, and some aftermarked more smoot ones are now mounted.

Seceondly, I've sealed with wheaterstrips on top of the headlights in both sides, as there was a small gap here where air could get in to the enginebay.

After that I placed a stiff thin form board with relfexive alu down, on top of engive inside the hood. Idear is to trap heat, so that the engine takes longer to cool down. This works great.

[/url]

Last - I did an upper grill block, It's just a small opening, so I just stuffed some foam in there and covered the whole thing in black PVC tape. Hard to see at all standing next to the car.

All of the above was done today, and testdriving showed that IEC intake temp doubled fra 6 to 12 deg C, and engine temp vent from 86 to 89 deg. C.

Too early to say anything about milage, but the butt-o-meter tells me it glides a bit better, and that wind noise is a bit lower.

As temperatures rises here as spring come along, I'll see what to do about the lower grill block, which is just temporary done, with some pipe isolation. Ive got to see if I can block more or need to remove some the keep engine temps at the right levels.

With warmer wheater I also expect to see better milage the coming months. First goal is 22 km/l (52 mpg) - which I hope to get on this tank, and long time goal will be 25 km/l. (59 mpg).

Car still looks total OEM, temporary lower gill block excluded.

Last edited by Jyden; 03-02-2014 at 03:58 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jyden For This Useful Post:
UltArc (03-09-2014)