View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #77 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
We do not want to drive around at nearly full throttle all the time, but as many of us know, this is the throttle setting for a spark ignited gasoline engine that results in the best power output for the lowest fuel input or the lowest BSFC ( Brake-specific-fuel-consumption ).
And why would that be? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there's no intake manifold vacuum to consume work (therefore, gasoline)?

Besides, speak for yourself. I would love to be able to drive around at full throttle, for the very reason that I would not have to deal with any sort of intake manifold vacuum. The Karen-Mobile already opens up its EGR valve farther than spec, to approach this exact goal. Going to modify the Caravan, for the same reason, once I get an MPGuino installed into it. Later on this spring, I'm going to install a 2.87 rear end in the Karen-Mobile to lower intake manifold vacuum (it currently has a 3.636 rear end). I'm also probably going to experiment with WBO2-based EFIE on the Caravan to get it to do a version of lean burn, also for this purpose.

I still cannot see that your fancy Browns Gas generator (or whatever you want to call it) is going to do anything out of the ordinary, that more pedestrian engine mods won't already do. But, by all means, let's see what sort of magical gains can be had. Just don't ask me to pony up any money for your hucksterish claims.
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
IamIan (03-03-2014)