View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
I have chronic lower/upper back pain and have been on morphine for pain for several years. One thing I've found that helps my upper back pain when driving long distances is holding the steering wheel near the bottom so I'm not holding the weight my arms horizontally for long periods of time. For lower back pain a seat with firm lumbar support or something such a thin firm pillow or cushion between the seat and back seems to help. I've never tried it, but I've also heard some say for lower back pain it's helpful to place a thin pillow or cushion underneath the thighs while driving.

I purchased a Light Relief unit a few months ago that is nothing but infrared light and have been using it. They claim the infrared light penetrates and heats muscle tissue 2-3 inches below the skins surface and also promotes muscle healing and blood circulation. Usually winter time is awful for my pain, but since I've been using the Light Relief my pain level has been considerably lower. I've read on the internet that the Light Relief company sometimes overcharges or sends items you don't order then bills you for them, so I suggest if you try a Light Relief you buy a used one off of eBay to prevent having to deal with a not so honest company. The Light Relief comes with a small infrared light pad approximately 5"x7", but there's a larger pad approximately 7"x11" available for about $30. that works good for the back or other large areas.

It's the placebo effect. Placebos work as long as you believe in them. Then, when they stop working, you need to buy another placebo. There will always be another placebo on the market to replace the previous one you bought.