View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
My personal dream fitting your situation:

Mazda 5 series. Standard. Aero modifications, trailer hitch into a boat tail from a trailer hitch box. Solar panel on roof, a few batteries on board. Tint all the windows other than the front. Remove all seats other than driver. Litter box under the glove box (closed box), curtain rod with shower curtain to block front view. Mattress goes on drivers side, on a built up platform. I would insulate the window to keep it cooler in the heat, and hotter in the cold, but I would just put solar panels in the windows. Extreme temperatures are okay if prepared- small air conditioner or safety warmer for the kitty. I would put a diesel generator in the trailer hitch box, but I have limited needs.

For me, I would put a TV where the rear window is and on each side, so I could still use my rear view, shave the mirrors and add the three cameras.

Anytime Fitness, 44.99 a month. Any facility, anywhere in the country, unlimited use. Shower, shave, warmth/coolness, electricity, WiFi.

That would be a dream for me, but I need little gear. The only thing stopping me now are all my animals.

Side arm, running shorts, BDUs, under shirts, shirts, D5200, 40D, under garments, a hooded sweatshirt, jacket, slip ons, trainers, notebook, a couple hard drives, emergency bag, and everything else is optional. I've spent several nights in cars. The vans and SUVs have been the best, but even the Mustang and Insight haven't been bad.

I'd probably bring a small freezer and microwave, myself. When I only had two cats, it could work.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.