View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Plans .. so many plans ...

The first pack was to be for converting my 92 Mazda MX6 this year.

The cells need to be heated (it gets down to 40 below zero in Saskatoon, Canada) so some of the heating system from the pack will need to stay. I should be able to run it from AC power when stationary and use minimal power on maintaining the heat while moving?

The second pack was to be split into 5 packs of 72V for prototype testing Electric Motor modules for WIKISPEED.

Now I guess I'll have to ration. The Netgain Industrial controller I'm using for the MX6 is flexible. Supply it 12V externally and you can use battery voltages from 24V to 400V. The warp9 only wants 144V, but the controller will let you supply higher voltages and step down to a programmed motor voltage. Maybe I can get away with 2 x 120V packs for the MX6 during the summer and use the rest for 2 x 60V test packs on the WIKISPEED motor modules.

When I get some details worked out, I will post. Right now, I'm working on the scale model (1:2) WIKISPEED, then Weston's (grandson) monster truck version of the WIKISPEED car, then the MX6.

All these plans, and I have only a failed project (SalvageS10) behind me so far ... and no electric conversion sitting in the driveway yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
Cobb (03-06-2014)