View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Metro-
I am not sure, what I remember of the accident it ran almost along the car and cutting in, hitting the front left lamp and rolling over the hood. I am thinking it was struggling and a limb or the head bashed into it. And I wish it just smelled like meat! I am going to take her out tomorrow for a bit, right now trying to not ride the Mustang clutch- which has to be done in the Insight.

brucey-
Agreed. I feel very fortunate for the situation. My concern on being "totaled" isn't that the car is unfixable, rather it may not be worth fixing to my insurance company.

chefdave-
I believe the cars low and aerodynamic form really influenced the accident to be less destructive, compared to the Mustang, or Escape.

basjoos-
I like that idea, and as mentioned in this post, I think it would have been much different had I been in a different vehicle. Did you show your build in your thread? And does it help aerodynamically at all? I don't want to increase the frontal area at all, since I will be completing a total underbody on it.

jamesqf-
That's a good call out. When I test drive it, I will have to run everything, and make sure cooling and everything is working properly. I haven't even popped the hood yet.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.