View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
duckwize
EcoModding Lurker

I have a 03 civic hybrid. When I purchased the car 2 years ago, I was getting 48-50 mpg.

I park my car during the winter months, and last winter I forgot to start the car the entire winter. I think this hurt the battery pack. Sometime during the summer I started to get IMA lights. the light would come and go. but the Umph that the electric assist used to give has weakened. Then the O2 sensors went out, and my mpg dropped to 40. I replaced all 3 o2 sensors this spring and it only brought the MPG to 43.

So I'm trying to rebuild the pack to get my MPG back up and get rid of the IMA light all together.

It is also worth noting that last year the Honda dealership took it upon themselves to update the firmware on my car. And I can't shake the feeling that in doing so it changed my MPG too.

As far as calculating the internal resistance, you say I need a load put on it. Do you have a good way of putting a load on the cells? Or would it not matter just as long as the test is consistent with all cell packs?