View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

Working at the bank I did was a fustercluck. You are never in the right and you can always do better. The person you spoke too should of clarified if you wanted a pay off and given a payoff quote vs the current balance or last statement balance.

Now if this was your first fee and wanted a curiosity refund Id given it to you. Over the 5 years I was on the phone the fee refund policy changed weekly. One time it was at our will, then you had to ask as we couldnt volunteer to refund, then we had to check your refund history to see if a previous was issued, then we had to do retension and refund the fee only if you kept the account open.

They tell us to think of the 3 legged stool, the customer, the stock holder and the co worker. Are you being fair to all 3 in your decision? We had share holders call up and test us in regards to security questions and for fee refunds/free checks when it wasnt warrened. I had a customer clal about an atm fee and I denied a refund.He in turn thanked me as he said he was a share holder and wanted to make sure we werent gving away the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.G. View Post
Interest on $37 was 65 cents.
Interest on the whole amount payable was $77.65, which I was prepared to pay.

To be charged $153 is the act of a blood sucking leach ... or a greedy bank ... it's often hard to tell the difference between the two.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobb For This Useful Post:
yoyoyoda (03-10-2014)