View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Where do you guys do your A-B-A testing?

Somehow, I over-slept two nights in a row. On Sunday, I slept through my alarm, which should have come back to haunt me every five minutes, but I still managed to wake up after Church started, and then I did not get any sleep last night. I was thinking of all of the things that I could be doing. If my roommates are out-of-town, I could have vacuumed and cleaned the carpet. I would have bought a battery terminal brush, but I could not find any auto part stores open in the middle of the night, and Walmart does not seem to carry it. I just started Spring Break and now that I completed my accelerated Global Health class, school seems really slow!

I decided to A-B-A test my grill block:

Yes, that is fake, it is just part of some guy's campaign poster. I figured that it was about time that I figured out if it did any good. I had been planning on using a one mile stretch of road a few miles from here:

It seemed perfect because the street is only one mile long and I do not know why anyone would take it unless they lived in the neighborhood. There are some side streets to the west, but a railroad track to the east, and no crossings, and then halfway down, it crosses the freeway.

So, it turns out that there is a surprising amount of traffic at 3am. It took me several tries just to get two runs and then I gave up and came home.

I guess that the best thing to do would be to set up an Ultraguage for my car and just drive ten miles for each A, B, and A. Aerodynamics would play a larger role at fifty-five miles per hour than coasting from fifty to twenty anyway.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1554579_1396860533899649_2110712971_n.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	14726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kyrene.PNG
Views:	210
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	14727