View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #29 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyoda View Post
I want to do this so badly, and infact I'm starting to buy my breakfast at 7-11, but its not as cheap here as it is there, I get a $7 big gulp sandwich at 7/11 nearly every morning.

Gym membership is another matter, last one I quoted was $70/mo
Gym membership prices compared - gym prices & locations in Australia

Its got me stumped as to why its so expensive, most of the places are just ****ty little gyms with a few members not even worth mentioning at the backwater areas of our country, then again most things in this blasted country are too expensive for no reason. And they have the hide to screw customers over with cancellation fees, even signup fees of $100.

A good alternative is to get someone that you've met at church or someplace to allow you to shower. Failing that its natural parks or beaches with enclosed showers. This is the last thing thats stopping me from doing this full time.

There are dollar menus but its only a cheeseburger or something. kinda sucks, maybe I should start going to Subway for dinners, you get a decent meal there for $5.

I don't need to sleep in the car at the moment as I have a shed to sleep in and I can get my laundry done at my parents place, which is the place I'm trying to avoid occasionally.

What do you do for water and urination? I can understand going to the toilet, most servos have toilets, but what about fresh water supplies? I drink a lot of water each day as I easily get dehydrated. I guess you went to the toilet for urination just by pulling over?
$7 is a lot of money for a sandwich! The dollar menu is becoming less of a value all the time. They removed the double cheese burger years ago, and now I think the Mcdouble is more than a dollar. You can still get a McChicken for a buck though.

I was fortunate because my work has showers, so if I ever missed the gym, I could still get a shower.

I just did my laundry at my parents house since I spend a lot of time helping them and my grandparents out anyhow.

For drinking water, I would just get a water from wherever I got my cheap dinner. Urination was easy since I'm a guy; I opened the door of my car, walked 2 paces to the bush I was parked next to, and made sure it stayed watered.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!