View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tralavoi
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarguy01 View Post
Welcome!

What is your baseline MPG??

Full size trucks are tough. They are heavy and aren't very aerodynamic. There are users on this forum that have gotten some pretty amazing mpg, though I would argue that it is mostly their driving, not the mods to their trucks. They are pulse and gliding, engine off coasting, not speeding, etc, etc. Look here for ideas.

Tuners are usually not worth it since the payoff is a very long time in miles and there is no real proof that any tuner actually raises mileage. Plus, is there even a tuner available for your truck?

Pump up those tires too.

I am going to ask, but please don't feel like I am attacking you...why the need for a full size truck??
You are correct, thus far it seems that my research yields very few results (none that actually work) for hybrid vehicles. Looks like the ECMs are not cracked yet.

Baseline mpg is sitting right at 20.6, according to the onboard computer. My last highway trip was about 23.87 mpg highway. Not bad for a full size pickup!

I tend to haul alot of gear around to competitions and things. It was driving me nuts having to jam it all into a car. This way I can take three other people comfortably, and split the gas.

Although, I have to admit, trucks are just a ton of fun to drive, and that was part of it.