View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Well, the forces of I Can Count and See What's Right In Front of Me have been defeated by the combined forces of Math is Hard Even When It's Explained and Meh.

I called the local office (not dispatch) line and explained. I got the unconcern I expected- it's not like I was reporting a violent crime. He really seemed to think that I was concerned about an inaccurate receipt. He said a couple times that "we can't just go down there and start accusing people." But he did pass it on and shortly I got a call from whom I suppose I should call the investigating officer. Again, bland unconcern as you'd expect (not in a bad way)- but she was interested in getting details right and ended with "I'll go down and have a talk with some people."

It didn't pan out. I got another call later. The manager had explained that the receipt had accidentally been taken from the wrong machine, and I could come back to get a proper receipt.

I tried. I reported, I explained. It's not my job to watch out for the owner of some gas station/convenience store beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%