View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Car is valued at $2,910.26.
$500 for deductible, $529.71 for the salvage.

Still working on it.
So you get $2910.26 minus $529.71, also minus your $500 deductible?

I think your claim should be comprehensive, which covers, things like hail damage, tree falling on your car, flood, broken windshields etc, also called acts of nature.

Are you sure your COMPREHENSIVE deductible is $500. I carry 0 deductible and it's like $100 a year per car. Number of claims (within reason) does not affect your premium, it's based on total number of claims in your area.

Unless you made numerous comprehensive claims your rate should not increase. My wife did $3k damage to her Rogue (her fault but not ticketed), but both of us have long time between accidents (for her 40 years) and our rates did not go up with State Farm.

All of that said if they are offering you $1880.55 and you keep the car if my math is right?

If so you aren't going to get much more than that. Parting it out would be time consuming but eventually beneficial. I would look for another one used with bald tires and a bad IMA, maybe before you settle the claim.

The aluminum body is worth significantly more in scrap prices but you might have to diassemble it to get the best price.

Find a nice replacement Insight swap your IMA and tires.

regards
Mech