View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 03:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
VeeDaub
n00b

Barbie Car - '98 Volkswagen Jetta GTS
90 day: 19.19 mpg (US)

Spazda - '07 Mazda Atenza MPS
It's the 2008 Podium edition, has some extra Olympic badges all over it, premium audio system (but not Bose), and bigger chrome wheels.

I believe there was only a 5 speed auto with the 3.4L, and the 6 speed auto was in the GXP with the 3.6L

At least those are the "Up North" specs I know of but I don't know much else about them.

The check engine light is a recall in 2008's with the 3.4L, it's a spark plug wire problem, they crack inside the rubber casing and don't give a good spark, it shutters and almost stalls some times but we're just waiting for an appointment to get it done.

Need to put my arguing pants on because our GM dealer tends to argue if you try to tell them it's a recall, they nearly refuse to do any warranty work for free so I need to locate the official GM recall notice for the spark plug wires in the 3.4L 2008 Torrent/Equinox.

I'm just headed out to do the second fuel consumption test to see if it's any better with rotated tires, properly adjusted tire pressure, and folded in mirrors. As well as nearly no traffic as it's just after 3am here so I can time most of the lights better for the city driving section of my test.

I will be back in a few hours