View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bindegal
EcoModding Lurker

Hello from Denmark

Greetings from Denmark

Since starting my moonligting activities years ago doing engine management on HondaŽs, I quickly found out about the 1996-- Honda EK3 and its amazing fuel economy. Always thinking: If only I could convince someone to do an EK3 turbo, combining mileage with +50% power and torque. I never succeeded, the only few customers trying turbo failed miserably with their Ebay T3 china kits, sigh.

Spool forward to late 2012. Bought an Ek3 myself, and now in 2014 the turbo is getting installed, yeah

Getting 35-45 MPG now running my own program (OBD1, eCtune) even at stoich AFR 14.7. Maybe also thanks to some new and more efficient injectors, but who knows.

Interestingly the original Honda ECU does AFR ~22 at lean-burn up to around 120 km/h. After that it quickly runs amok and goes pig rich.

DSM T25 getting installed and tuned tomorrow if all goes well. After that: careful tuning a lean fuel map, closed-looping off an LSU 4.9 wideband. Crossing fingers it doesenŽt blow up

Other cars: Still have a couple of CRX 1.6 1986, one a turbo racecar for trackdays. Turbo setup for the EK3 is basically cloned from here.
Also had a Calibra Turbo, E46, VXR220 at some point.

IŽd be interested to see if I could find some inspiration here in regards to ignition timing or other tips. Looking for that holy grail... turbo power and 50MPG!

/Allan