View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
skinny503
EcoModding Lurker

The Bat Mobile - '05 Mazda Rx-8 Grand Touring
Glad to see other VW lovers here. This is my first one and second german car. First was a 83 BWM 320I. Man I miss that car....

Happy to see there is another member in driving distance from me as well! Right now the wife has been driving the jetta untill I get the 4runner rebuilt. Popped a head gasket so I tore off the whole top end and have been running into problems left and right as its going back together.

Jetta is a 5 speed, Not a big fan of autos. I have been looking for a set of steelies for snow tires so I may have to try and find two sets. I know in the honda days trying to find 15" steelies was impossible due to the honda and 240sx guys scooping them up. Hopefully the jetta being 5 lug will help me find something easier.

I have also been thinking a lot about fuel quality. Right now I have a corporate gas card and use Pacific Prides religiously. I currently have been putting 91oct Non-ethanol premium in. Does the ethanol make a difference? I know some pumps say 10% ethanol, so over 10 gallons I am getting 1 gallon of straight ethanol and think it would affect overall mileage. I also have access to 100oct if i drive across town and was wondering if that would increase mileage?