View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #6356 (permalink)
timmytool
Timmy

I hope this is is not to late a suggestion for the new version but have you considered the GEVCU it's basicly a user interface computer for the car(throttle etc go into it) and it sends out CAN bus signals to the various parts in the car including motor control units.

This way it can handle the user interface items like valet power modes, and reduces the "support" and please add this feature hassles, it has 2 CAN lines usb and wifi.

Its also a open source project so you can look at it for the can interface and hardware needed. You try to feed it with as much info as possible(RPM power usage, faults etc) for its display cluster and it feeds you with what the driver wants. As its open source you can decide the "protocol" inside the CAN messages, I'd recommend a RPM encoder/sensor so you can calculate torque, HP and enable a cruse control like ability between this controller and the GEVCU.

As a avid watcher of this page and EVTV videos I thought this would be a good meld.As I have not got my post yet you'll need to go to GEVCU .org without a link

Last edited by timmytool; 03-23-2014 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: 2 not 3 CAN lines my bad
The Following User Says Thank You to timmytool For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (03-23-2014)