View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

How about moving the drivetrain into another vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
Just a update on my Mis-fit Talon.

I had Daox remove all my post due to some legality's on the Talon to meet the Federal Emission requirements?

I'm working with our local Idaho State University and the EPA, and Federal emissions, to try to make my Talon exempt for lean burn testing purpose only. I have explained that this is only for experiment reasons and not for resale of any product.

So far its been explained to me that as long as I don't' drive it on Federal roads, the State will have the final say as long as the vehicle passes State Emissions and Federal Safety Rules.

At this point and time I can run the factory Federal eprom chip legally and use my lean burn chip on non-Federal roads for testing.

So now I'm working on mapping out a "factory OEM delayed OL load factor threshold", "Immediate OL load factor threshold", and "open loop throttle factory threshold". In other words stock eprom map.

After all this, it's not looking good. I will most likely have to kill my project and go on to something else.

So my future options will be a VX Honda or a three wheel auto where the sky's the limit.
Anything older than 1975 is exempt from emissions in practically all areas.

Also, the ability to switch between a legal and a non legal setup should allow you to test in non Federal jurisdictions and continue to use the vehicle on Federal roads as you implied.

As you move along in your research, you may require a research exemption. But, that is usually for a period of time. You cannot drive your vehicle indefinitely on such an exemption.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (03-23-2014)