View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
You got some $%^& good free legal advice. Glad to hear you actually listened and saved YOURSELF a lot of heartache. Maybe you should think a little before running off at the mouth about ridge removal in another post and insinuating that someone who gave you about $500 in free legal advice knows more than you wish to ASSume.

I've spent a lifetime dealing with people, from curbside pharmacists to 4 star generals. I don't question your abilities and I would like the same respect in return.

If you don't like the laws and regulations then go to the source and have them changed, as I have done when threatened (not by you). Attacking my integrity and knowledge will not change anything.

I recommend a forum truce between us. Strong personalities tend to have their own ways and methods based on a lifetime of experience.

60k hours of experience here and never a summons to appear in court and answer for my actions, regardless of justification. Ignorance of the laws is no excuse, and when a judge tells you that you are in serious trouble.

Mech
Mech

Your advise wasn't why I had the Moderator's delete my "Lean Burn Build" thread!!! It was the innuendo threat of you turning me in for a Federal emission violation.
Quote:
The differenceis his car is technically (based on my understanding of the legal situation) illegal, while mine is stock, passes current emissions and it is also an automatic, which my wife can drive if she had to.
Any non DOT approved modification is considered tampering. It has nothing to do with your state and nothing to do with passing any state mandated emissions testing. If you installed or modified any emissions component and it was not DOT approved you are in violation of Federal law. Read it for yourself. Remember when you are summoned you start spending money and you are persecuted (or prosecuted) based on the judgement of a govt employee who could care less about what it cost you. Even if you prevail you are still loosing. Even passing an emissions test does not prove your case.
I owned the Del Sol before you ever started messing with creating lean burn in an engine that was never legally lean burn capable in the US and never was DOT approved, thus your operating it in lean burn was technically a violation.
As for the ridge removal tool I didn't think it was you that did the engine that broke the ring? I thought it was someone else and you were the one that found the problem after the fact? I'm sure you have used one or know someone that has? This was very common practice in the 70's and 80's. I did several engines this way without ever having a ring break!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-24-2014 at 01:51 AM..