View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 01:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Davo53209@yahoo.com

I'm very sorry for all the thread jacking.

I did not mean to personally attack Old Mech.
I thought Mech said he had a destroyed piston from someone else's build that Mech had to fix
Quote:
I had a piston on my shop counter
. I didn't know he was the one who built the engine with the broken piston and piston ring. As fir me grammar and spelling sorry I'm trying to do my best.

I have had great luck with a ridge removal tool on certain types of engines with no engine failure. My point in my above post was on a Honda engine if there is any ridge... IMHO the block is done throw it away. Now on a engine like my 4G63 you could use a ridge removal tool and it would work for a low $$ build. Would it be the same if you were to bore the block absolutely not!!! But done right you could get another 100k out of it.

But back to you. If I were you I would do a leak down to see whats up??? You said its not using oil so the oil rings and valve guides and valve seals are doing their job. I would also do a compression test. This can show you things that the leak down can't and vice versa.

It sounds like the engine is down on power... correct??? Have you check to see if the timing is correct by finding TDC and checking it to the dist. and cam gear. Don't trust the crank pulley marks they have been known to move inside the hub. This happens a lot on the D-Series engines. There are some great write ups on this on D-Series.com.

Anyway good luck.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-24-2014 at 01:38 AM..