View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
In my business I had to stay ahead of an almost daily "smarter than you" type who it took about 10 seconds to realize that they thought every recommendation I made was driven by greed instead of integrity. It cost me money every day to live by a standard that was legally unassailable.

You still just don't get it buddy. You were heading down a pathway that could have earned you hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and even prison time, so now your response is to accuse me of potentially ratting you out to the FEDS as your rationale for the actions you took. Having been the subject of legal attacks from omnipotent beaurocrats who considered themselves untouchable, legally, I guess it's beyond your comprehension that even though we have butted heads here I would not wish that on anyone.

So now I am a cowardly back stabbing god only knows what else in your seriously warped perception. I got it and I wont forget it, but I still would never intentionally cause you to have to deal with a felony count for every single individual act for which you could be charged separately. In spite of your arrogance and total lack of any gratitude for what MY actions have potentially saved you from. Emotional torture and financial ruin are terrible lessons and a terrible price to pay for ignorance.

Mission accomplished, you are no longer ignorant of the legal consequences of publicly revealing your lack of knowledge (it's called evidence). Regardless of how you choose to dance around that fact it still potentially saved your bacon.

Some of the know it alls who came in my shop tried to prove me wrong, they took risky actions to save a few bucks. Most I never saw again (they were like you). Some actually had the guts to come back and admit that they had been through a painfull process of trail and error and they actually understood why I refused to use my customers as a "guinea pig" . I still don't know, since you are good at witholding facts until they benefit yourself, if you ever operated a licensed repair shop that dealt with thousands of customers for decades and through hardwork and integrity build a loyal clientelle that even to this day is highly loyal to the Man who learned the trade in my shop and now owns it.
OK cool

Are you done, so can I have my thread back?

Thanks
Russell